5247. War - You Got the Power

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/819TR6JircL._SX522_.jpg
From: Outlaw; Year: 1982; Genre: Funk
As luck would have it I was thinking about the band War today whilst thinking about what to pick for this week's Funky Friday. This is one of the lead singles off of their '82 release Outlaw, which is oozing with that 80s style of funk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby

My song pick 4 years ago today: Marillion - Incommunicado

My song pick 5 years ago today: Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

My song pick 6 years ago today: Missing Link - Time Will Change

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ian Anderson - The Engineer

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Royal Philharmonic - Limelight

My song pick 9 years ago today: George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rammstein - Mein Land

My song pick 11 years ago today: Karussell - Tanzen

My song pick 12 years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - Tell Me Why

My song pick 13 years ago today: Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

My song pick 14 years ago today: Steve Winwood & Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn