5248. The Moody Blues - The Spirit

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81ZIw1kC0zL._SS500_.jpg
From: The Other Side of Life; Year: 1986; Genre: Progressive Rock/Synthpop
Yesterday I learned of the passing of The Moody Blues' mainstay member, drummer/songwriter/poet Graeme Edge. As I've said before this band was really not only my "gateway" into progressive rock, but I'd have to say my personal like of music in general. Sadly, he's the second main member of the band to die, the first being Ray Thomas, who was probably best-known as the flautist of the band. From wot I understand the band has more of less come to an end; such is the reality of artists that have performed for this long.
Anyway, back in the '80s I remember that The Moody Blues were having a bit of a renaissance in their popularity and I heard their new material a lot back then. The Other Side of Life in particular was one that remember well as an album from that period and one that got me interested in the band as well. The Spirit is, as far as I'm aware, the only track of the record to have Graeme Edge listed as writer along with keyboardist Patrick Moraz.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Kinks - Introduction to a Solution

My song pick 4 years ago today: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance

My song pick 5 years ago today: ABBA - Head Over Heels

My song pick 6 years ago today: Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time

My song pick 7 years ago today: Billy Joel - All for Leyna

My song pick 8 years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Adventures in Paradise

My song pick 9 years ago today: Megadeth - Blackmail the Universe

My song pick 10 years ago today: Black 47 - Fire of Freedom

My song pick 11 years ago today: Aerosmith - Amazing

My song pick 12 years ago today: Banchee - Beautifully Day

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Cure - Burn

My song pick 14 years ago today: Fire Bomber (Hummingbird) - Dynamite Explosion
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn