5237. David Bowie - Real Cool World

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81XNtN3VptL._SS500_.jpg
From: Songs From the Cool World; Year: 1992; Genre: Rock
I remember this song the other day from the soundtrack from the early 1990's cult-classic Ralph Bakshi film Cool World. I was first introduced to it from a trailer on my videocassette of Star Trek VI and, as a teenager at the time, was intrigued. We eventually rented it a few years later and to say the least I really didn't know what to think of it; the movie was strange and seemed to be a disjointed mess overall. Looking back on it now, and since being introduced to other works from Ralph Bakshi, I can see the charm and some of its better points.
Anyway, this was David Bowie's contribution to the soundtrack of the film, which actually saw praise in contrast to the movie it was made for.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Crash Test Dummies - Swimming in Your Ocean

My song pick 4 years ago today: Jethro Tull - A New Day Yesterday

My song pick 5 years ago today: Vital Tech Tones - Crash Course

My song pick 6 years ago today: Primus - Poetry and Prose

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Budapest

My song pick 8 years ago today: Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get to Heaven

My song pick 9 years ago today: Dream Theater - Lie

My song pick 10 years ago today: Aerosmith - Home Tonight

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Overseer Overture / Flight from Lucifer

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Beatles - Think for Yourself

My song pick 13 years ago today: Queen feat. David Bowie - Under Pressure

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Touch of Grey
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn