3404. Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91Zud0M5UYL._SX522_.jpg
From: Various Positions; Year: 1984; Genre: Folk Rock/Pop
I realize I'm a day late for picking one from Cohen, since he passed away the other day, but I didn't want to break my streak of Funky Fridays and plus, today seems like a better day to pick this, one of his most famous songs anyway; Woordenaar already did so on his blog.
I admit that I'm not well-versed in his music outside of this song, but I know I've heard many others he's written over the years; especially ones recorded by countless artists. Suffice it to say we lost an incredible artist whose impact will continue to be felt for many years to come.

Hear Hallelujah on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Missing Link - Time Will Change

My song pick two years ago today: Ian Anderson - The Engineer

My song pick three years ago today: The Royal Philharmonic - Limelight

My song pick four years ago today: George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Mein Land

My song pick six years ago today: Karussell - Tanzen

My song pick seven years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - Tell Me Why

My song pick eight years ago today: Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

My song pick nine years ago today: Steve Winwood & Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade