5261. Kool & The Gang - Let the Music Take Your Mind

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81wkZSIUaOL._SS500_.jpg
From: Kool and the Gang; Year:1969; Genre: Funk/R&B
Wow, Thanksgiving is over, the month is almost over, and it's Friday to boot. 
I was listening to some music from Kool & The Gang over the last week or so, which got me wanting to choose one of their songs for this Funky Friday. This is one of their earliest hits off of their debut album that has some great funk musicianship to be had, especially that bass and those horns.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Head East - Since You've Been Gone

My song pick 4 years ago today: Bill Haley and his Comets - Shake, Rattle and Roll

My song pick 5 years ago today: Kansas - Fight Fire With Fire

My song pick 6 years ago today: Johnny Cash - Thanksgiving Prayer

My song pick 7 years ago today: Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

My song pick 8 years ago today: Fates Warning - One Thousand Fires

My song pick 9 years ago today: Dick Dale - Bandito

My song pick 10 years ago today: Dream Theater - A Nightmare to Remember

My song pick 11 years ago today: Bob Marley & the Wailers - Jamming

My song pick 12 years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Crossfire

My song pick 13 years ago today: 4 Non Blondes - What's Up?

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - ...And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn