5259. Hawkwind - Alcyone

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81kJIasfpIL._SS500_.jpg
From: Somnia; Year: 2021; Genre: Progressive Rock/Space Rock
New Hawkwind! I had the great fortune of being able to sample the band's most recent album the other day, and this song's name in particular caught my attention. I'm not sure about as to which Alcyone they are referring to. For me though I immediately recognized it as the name of the brightest star in the Pleiades cluster found in the constellation Taurus. Funny enough, you might recognize the Japanese name for the cluster as well, Subaru, from which a major car company derived its name. 
Anyway, this song has a mellow acoustic sound to it with added synthesizers for a nice added colour to the track.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Band of Horses - Dull Times/The Moon

My song pick 4 years ago today: Los Bravos - Black is Black

My song pick 5 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Thank You

My song pick 6 years ago today: Helmet - Unsung

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Who - Doctor Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along the Watchtower

My song pick 9 years ago today: Billie Holiday - Summertime

My song pick 10 years ago today: David Bowie - Young Americans

My song pick 11 years ago today: Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

My song pick 12 years ago today: Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life

My song pick 14 years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn