5263. Arlo Guthrie - Coming Into Los Angeles

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81Ve0AP0wlL._SS500_.jpg
From: Running Down the Road; Year: 1969; Genre: Folk Rock
Always, or so it seems that, around this time of year Arlo Guthrie seems to pop up in our minds, which is mostly due to his epic Alice's Restaurant Massacree that gets heavy play for Thanksgiving every year. Anyway, also as luck would have it I had some of his music come on whilst driving the other day and I thought it'd be fitting. I used to hear this song on the radio quite a bit back in the day, but it has been seemingly ignored as of more recent years. This might have to do with heavier handed censors taking it off of playlists since the overall broadcast companies have been merging into just a few entities. You don't hear a lot of the old songs with overt drug references that much anymore unless you look for them, this one probably more so due to the subject matter of trafficking contraband through an airport.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - When the War Comes Home

My song pick 4 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Wintersmith

My song pick 5 years ago today: Yes - Heart of the Sunrise

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Grass Roots - Lady Pleasure

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ohio Players - Jive Turkey

My song pick 8 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Weasel Stomping Day

My song pick 9 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble

My song pick 10 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

My song pick 11 years ago today: Supertramp - Just a Normal Day

My song pick 12 years ago today: Northern Kings - Hello

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fallen On Hard Times

My song pick 14 years ago today: Mr. Big - Wild World
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn