4512. Fairport Convention - Reynardine

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71lWqlnvL%2BL._SX522_.jpg
From: Liege & Lief; Year: 1969; Genre: Folk Rock
This is a very pretty and chilling rendition of the traditional folk piece by Sandy Denny when she was with Fairport Convention. As with a lot of songs of this type, Reynardine has a moral/warning in the story with this one of being for young women to beware of crafty men.

Hear Reynardine on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: The Kinks - Introduction to a Solution

My song pick 2 years ago today: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance

My song pick 3 years ago today: ABBA - Head Over Heels

My song pick 4 years ago today: Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time

My song pick 5 years ago today: Billy Joel - All for Leyna

My song pick 6 years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Adventures in Paradise

My song pick 7 years ago today: Megadeth - Blackmail the Universe

My song pick 8 years ago today: Black 47 - Fire of Freedom

My song pick 9 years ago today: Aerosmith - Amazing

My song pick 10 years ago today: Banchee - Beautifully Day

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Cure - Burn

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fire Bomber (Hummingbird) - Dynamite Explosion


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn