5636. The Four Tops - Right On Brother

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/617FFxdsBAL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Meeting of the Minds; Year: 1974; Genre: Soul/Funk/R&B
Here's one of my favourites off The Four Tops' album Meeting of the Minds, which seemed like a perfect song for today. As always, Levi Stubbs just shines brightly throughout this track with those powerful and soulful vocals he was known for. Of course, the backing vocals and the music is beyond incredible as well and on top of that the saxophone solo is the "cherry on top" of this piece of funky soul.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: IQ - Fascination

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Winter

My song pick 6 years ago today: Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up

My song pick 7 years ago today: Yes - Cinema

My song pick 8 years ago today: Heart - Sing Child

My song pick 9 years ago today: Soundgarden - A Thousand Days Before

My song pick 10 year ago today: The Ink Spots with Ella Fitzgerald - I'm Making Believe 

My song pick 11 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Vengeance (The Pact)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - Sleep of a Thousand Tears

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Who - Squeeze Box

My song pick 14 years ago today: Steely Dan - FM (No Static At All)

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In