5649. Styx - Just Get Through This Night

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51cCjMDz+CL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Kilroy Was Here; Year: 1983; Genre: Rock
It's one of those days that I had nothing special in mind to pick for my song, however, I've had some of Styx's music playing in my mind, so I'll go with that.
This track from the pen of Tommy Shaw comes in earlier on the second side of the noted concept album that is Kilroy Was Here. I really like how they set the mood in this one with the Eastern musical influences, and that steady, bluesy rhythm really sells the rest of the song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Savatage - Not What You See

My song pick 5 years ago today: Winger - Without the Night

My song pick 6 years ago today: Eurythmics - Winter Wonderland

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jackson Browne - Running on Empty

My song pick 8 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - This Long Silence

My song pick 9 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Stone of Love

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Crickets (Buddy Holley) - That'll Be the Day

My song pick 11 years ago today: Alestorm - Keelhauled

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - My God

My song pick 13 years ago today: Wolfsheim - Once in a Lifetime

My song pick 14 years ago today: Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home)

My song pick 15 years ago today: Pet Shop Boys - So Hard
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In