5655. Booker T. & The MGs - Medley: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End, Here Comes the Sun, Come Together

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61hXOyA38YL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: McLemore Avenue; Year: 1970; Genre: Rock/Pop/Soul
I guess when you get a selection of songs from one of the most legendary bands of the last century being covered by an equally important group of highly talented and noted musical legends this amazing record is wot you get as a product.
Since it's once again the Winter Solstice I wanted to pick another version of The Beatles' hit Here Comes the Sun, and when I remembered that it was part of this medley from the incomparable Booker T. and the MGs I knew I had today's pick. Whilst the biggest "star" in this cover is without a doubt Booker T. Jones' organ/keyboards throughout, the rest of them do the exceptional job of it like always.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: James Brown - Christmas is Coming

My song pick 5 years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Sleep Now in the Fire

My song pick 6 years ago today: Louis Armstrong with Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra - White Christmas

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio - Jingle Hells Bells

My song pick 8 years ago today: Stanley Clarke, George Duke, and Everette Harp - O Tannenbaum

My song pick 9 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Christmas Night in Harlem

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Beatles - Please Please Me

My song pick 11 years ago today: John Denver - Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Mykola Leontovych - Shchedryk (The Carol of the Bells)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Edwin

My song pick 14 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Savatage - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Ring Out Solstice Bells
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship