5652. Bob Rivers - White Trash Christmas

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51xIvZtd71L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: White Trash Christmas; Year: 2002; Genre: Parody/Comedy/Christmas Music/Country
Less than a week left until Christmas, and it just wouldn't be right to not have some of Bob Rivers' exquisite comedy music for the season to kick off this week. 
This is yet another case in which I was absolutely sure that I had already chosen this song, but surprisingly enough I did not. This is, as you could easily guess, his hilarious parody of the Holiday mainstay White Christmas, which was written by Irving Berlin and made famous in more recent times by the likes of Bing Crosby. The use of contemporary country and western music combined with lyrics that plays on the stereotypes of the song's subject, and you get a Christmas comedy classic.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Waterfall

My song pick 5 years ago today: Primus - Candy Man

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Teacher

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bootsy's Rubber Band - Psychoticbumpschool

My song pick 8 years ago today: Alice Cooper/John 5/Billy Sheehan/Vinny Appice - Santa Claus is Coming to Town

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Ventures - Sleigh Ride

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Miracles featuring Bill "Smokey" Robinson - Shop Around

My song pick 11 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Christmas in New Orleans

My song pick 12 years ago today: Boston - A Man I'll Never Be

My song pick 13 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Blue Collar

My song pick 14 years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite - Winter

My song pick 15 years ago today: Band of Horses - The Funeral
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In