5642. Queen - White Queen (As It Began)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61VO5mwSWcL._SX522_.jpg
From: Queen II; Year: 1974; Genre: Progressive Rock
It's facile to say with the breadth and depth of the absolute greatness of Queen's music, but this track just blows me away every time I hear it; to think, this was only their second studio record and they were able pull aural mastery like this off? And then to look at what they would accomplish, it's no secret as to why they are, and will continue to increase in popularity.
Anyway, this one's a tour de force by Brian May especially with his contrasting and complimenting electric and acoustic guitar sections throughout, but everybody does an outstanding job on this one; truly beautiful music.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Alphaville - Sounds Like a Melody

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running

My song pick 6 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Searchin' for Celine

My song pick 7 years ago today: Queen - Thank God It's Christmas

My song pick 8 years ago today: Faster Pussycat - House of Pain

My song pick 9 years ago today: Dire Straits - Skateaway

My song pick 10 years ago today: Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Bloomdido

My song pick 11 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - High Rise

My song pick 13 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Bataillon 'd Amour

My song pick 14 years ago today: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio

My song pick 15 years ago today: Donovan - Sunshine Superman
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In