5656. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Nutrocker

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61O0a1pJXcL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Night Castle; Year: 2009; Genre: Symphonic Rock/Christmas Music
It really wouldn't be the Holiday Season without hearing some of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas-inspired music. Whilst Night Castle is not a Christmas album, this track very much is. Originally was conceived as a pop/rock interpretation by Kim Fowley of Tchaikovsky's march from his ballet The Nutcracker and recorded by noted studio musicians B. Bumble and the Stingers, which, of course became a hit. In 1972 Emerson, Lake & Palmer would perform their own rendition of it, and later Trans-Siberian Orchestra recorded their own take on it from this record. Interestingly enough, the late-great Greg Lake from E, L&P plays the bass on this track with the band, so it somewhat comes to a circle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - What Child is This?

My song pick 5 years ago today: Dropkick Murphys - The Season's Upon Us

My song pick 6 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Nutrocker

My song pick 7 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bob Rivers - Holidaze

My song pick 9 years ago today: Bob Rivers - Aquaclaus

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Honeycombs - Have I the Right?

My song pick 11 years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Christmas All Over Again

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rush - Tears

My song pick 13 years ago today: Sylvia - Drifter

My song pick 14 years ago today: Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady

My song pick 15 years ago today: Supertramp - The Logical Song
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In