5836. James Brown & The Famous Flames - Cold Sweat

From: Cold Sweat; Year: 1967; Genre: Funk/Soul
I haven't a clue why, but just felt like listening to the funky soul of James Brown and the extremely talented musicians he surrounded himself with. This is considered to some as one of the earliest, if not the first true funk song recorded. It's amazing to think that this one was recorded live in only a single take and that's just after being conceptualized the night prior and written in the time between; they were all that magnificent.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Billy Joel - Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)

My song pick 5 years ago today: Wild Turkey - A Universal Man

My song pick 6 years ago today: War - The World is a Ghetto

My song pick 7 years ago today: Megadeth - The Scorpion

My song pick 8 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Power and the Passion

My song pick 9 years ago today: David Bowie - Magic Dance

My song pick 10 years ago today: ZZ Top - Sleeping Bag

My song pick 11 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Hypnotized

My song pick 12 years ago today: Les Paul and Mary Ford - Whispering

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - The Pass

My song pick 14 years ago today: Days of the New - The Down Town

My song pick 15 years ago today: Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In