5857. Parliament - Unfunky UFO

From: Mothership Connection; Year: 1975; Genre: Funk/Jazz Fusion/Progressive Rock
Wow! Where did June go? Sped right on by without me noticing or so it would seem.
Anyway, I had every intention to choose a funky track by an artist I rarely pick, but I just couldn't get this landmark record off my mind; is that a bad thing? I think absolutely not!
Unfunky UFO is kind of a hidden gem on the album, if you will, being dwarfed by its larger-than-life-itself brethren from the record. So much more musically going on throughout this one than just an amazing funk track; this one would stand up well with the best progressive rock songs out there in my opinion, and you can get down and boogie to it to boot. Truly a work of art.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Traffic - Glad

My song pick 5 years ago today: Megadeth - Rattlehead

My song pick 6 years ago today: Parliament - Everything Is on the One

My song pick 7 years ago today: Symphony X - Iconoclast

My song pick 8 years ago today: John Fogerty - The Old Man Down the Road

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds
 
My song pick 10 years ago today: Metallica - Orion

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - No Lullaby

My song pick 12 years ago today: Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough

My song pick 13 years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Into The Great Wide Open

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Man of Principle
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In