5837. The Zombies - Tell Her No

From: The Zombies; Year: 1965; Genre: Rock
Had this song running through my mind most of the day yesterday. This was yet another one of those occasions that "I just knew I already chose it," but after scouring my lists and searching the blog, I surprisingly did not.
I have always loved the mellow and moody shuffle throughout the track as well as Colin Blunstone's rather mellow vocals in the verses, which in contrast become rather frantic in the chorus and middle-eight. Rod Argent's counter/lead on the electric piano really sets a great counterpoint throughout this rather abbreviated beat rock classic.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Megadeth - Peace Sells

My song pick 5 years ago today: Dr. Hook - Sharing the Night Together

My song pick 6 years ago today: Hawkwind - Kerb Crawler

My song pick 7 years ago today: Funkadelic - Freak of the Week

My song pick 8 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Wot's... Uh the Deal?

My song pick 9 years ago today: Wild Turkey - Dulwich Fox

My song pick 10 years ago today: Asia - Don't Cry

My song pick 11 years ago today: Queen - Somebody to Love

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rush (Neil Peart) - O Baterista (Drum Solo)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - Zarozinia

My song pick 14 years ago today: Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Wallflowers - One Headlight
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In