5832. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Sage

From: Pictures at an Exhibition; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock/classical
The other day I happened to hear a wind chime play some of the notes that matched the main theme to Mussorgsky's Promenade from his masterpiece Pictures at an Exhibition. Since then I've been mentally "chewing" over the entire piece ever since, but for some reason felt like hearing the E,L&P live progressive rock adaptation, although, The Sage is actually not part of the original from Mussorgsky piece, but rather written by Greg Lake. It was inspired overall by the other movements ("pictures") and fits in especially well with a vary large sound and complex music.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: The Guess Who - Key

My song pick 5 years ago today: Tears for Fears - Broken

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Hollywood Argyles - Alley Oop

My song pick 7 years ago today: Sweeney Todd - Roxy Roller

My song pick 8 years ago today: Kool & the Gang - Spirit of the Boogie

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - A Song for Jeffrey

My song pick 10 years ago today: Foreigner - Head Games

My song pick 11 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Alive

My song pick 12 years ago today: White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65

My song pick 13 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 29 - Cantata No. 29 - Wir Danken Dir, Gott, Wir Danken Dir

My song pick 15 years ago today: Tears For Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In