5851. Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You

From: The Woman in Red (Soundtrack); Year: 1984; Genre: R&B/Motown
After having this famous track from Stevie Wonder running through my mind I was pondering just how many songs about the telephone/and or a phone call there are out there? I cannot begin to count honestly; must be the whole intimacy of talking to someone important whilst at the same time being a distance away, which is something most can do today, but roughly only in the last century and a half has it been possible. Heck, even when Stevie Wonder wrote this track an endless list of such songs already existed, but I will say that he made one for the ages and then some.
The overall schmaltz and sappiness of this love song really sells this one and puts it over the edge, of course that Latinesque Motown beat and the great music could most likely take it most of the way there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Rainbow - Stargazer

My song pick 5 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Winery Dogs - Oblivion

My song pick 7 years ago today: Lipps Inc - Funkytown

My song pick 8 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1080 - Art of Fugue

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Inside

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nightwish - The Crow, the Owl and the Dove

My song pick 12 years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Mr. Magic Man

My song pick 13 years ago today: PAIN featuring Anette Olzon - Follow Me

My song pick 14 years ago today: Nightwish - Phantom of the Opera

My song pick 15 years ago today: Rush - Natural Science
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In