5488. Zakk Wylde - Throwin' It All Away

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71l9Jye-Y4L._SX522_.jpg
From: Book of Shadows; Year: 1996; Genre: Alternative Rock/Hard Rock
Been really busy this weekend, which included being on the road a bunch, and thus I had a lot of time to listen to some music. Not too surprising that I had some of Zakk Wylde's music come on, which got me to choose another one of his songs.
Anyway, whilst this entire record is filled with some very emotional songs, this track in particular stands out. Zakk Wylde wrote it concerning the passing of Shannon Hoon, who was the lead singer of the band Blind Melon and a friend of his. I really like how different sounding this song is from his music you'd normally think of from him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Angie

My song pick 4 years ago today: Wolfmother - Victorious

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Beach Boys - Sloop John B

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Mercury Blues

My song pick 7 years ago today: Head Hunters - Chameleon

My song pick 8 years ago today: Yes - Siberian Khatru

My song pick 9 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Mother and Child

My song pick 10 years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

My song pick 11 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick 13 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick 14 years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In