3275. The Steve Miller Band - Mercury Blues

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61QnNJiO7VL._SX522_.jpg
From: Fly Like an Eagle; Year: 1976; Genre: Blues Rock
For some reason, ever since last night, I had this rather nice cover of a blues by K.C. Douglas on my mind. Though it was originally titled Mercury Boogie and was about as straight-up blues you can get, I've always loved how Steve Miller kept the original blues spirit more or less untouched and added his own blues rock signature sound to it.

Hear Mercury Blues on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Head Hunters - Chameleon

My song pick two years ago today: Yes - Siberian Khatru

My song pick three years ago today: Maddy Prior - Mother and Child

My song pick four years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

My song pick five years ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick six years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick seven years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick eight years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn