6047. Jim & Ingrid Croce - Age

From: Croce; Year: 1969; Genre: Folk Rock/Folk
All of Jim Croce's music is like hearing the voice of a dear friend every time a song of his starts. For me personally, he's always been someone that wrote the blues that no matter the situation was just genuine and reassuring; even though he tragically was killed before I was born it still brings a great deal of emotion to know that such a great artist's life was cut so young.
This record, which my Mother still adores to this day, is another that every song is indelibly burnt into my mind. What especially made it that much better is that his wife, Ingrid co-wrote all but three songs and performed with him vocally as a team; a thing of beauty. He would later re-record this song, Age, for his final studio album, I Got a Name, sans Ingrid, but it's still very good, but I do prefer the earlier version.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Life Ain't Easy

My song pick 6 years ago today: Rush - Cinderella Man

My song pick 7 years ago today: Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

My song pick 8 years ago today: Survivor - Burning Heart

My song pick 9 years ago today: Peter, Paul and Mary - This Train

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bootsy's Rubber Band - Bootzilla

My song pick 11 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Do Ya

My song pick 12 years ago today: Mr. Big - Take Cover

My song pick 13 years ago today: Triumph - Magic Power

My song pick 14 years ago today: Nightwish - While Your Lips Are Still Red

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Mother's Little Helper

My song pick 16 years ago today: Billy Joel - Two Thousand Years
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In