6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

From: Sex Machine; Year: 1970; Genre: Soul/Funk
Don't know why, but just felt like picking something from "The Godfather of Soul," James Brown. Funny enough, apparently Lowdown Popcorn is the only studio recording on this live double album; they just added reverb, echoes, and crowd noise to make it fit in with the rest of the material on it. A very cool funk track with a lot of soul thrown in, obviously.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Asia - The Last to Know

My song pick 6 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Childhood's End

My song pick 7 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Take Hold of the Flame

My song pick 8 years ago today: Glenn Frey - Smuggler's Blues

My song pick 9 years ago today: Weather Report - Predator

My song pick 10 years ago today: Joni Mitchell - Hejira

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

My song pick 12 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Light Years

My song pick 13 years ago today: Band of Horses - Factory

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Freewill

My song pick 15 years ago today: R.E.M. - Stand

My song pick 16 years ago today: Queen - Killer Queen
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations