6068. Camel - Flight of the Snow Goose

From: Music Inspired by The Snow Goose; Year: 1975; Genre: Progressive Rock
Getting to pick another song from a band I have been lately meaning to pick. This is a neat instrumental track that features a good blend of synth and regular rock sounds.
From wot I understand, this record kind of went through a few concepts and eventually settled on it being based on the novella of the same name written by Paul Gallico. Originally the music on the record was supposed to contain lyrics from the story, however, the author did not take kindly to it and they settled on instrumentals instead. What is rather neat is how this one is broken up into more "bite sized" tracks with most being under three minutes in length, which contrasts with most prog rock of the time. I suppose it is a matter of opinion because the songs could just as easily be grouped together in a sub-pieces or such.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Shadow Warrior

My song pick 6 years ago today: Hugh Masekela - Grazing in the Grass

My song pick 7 years ago today: Scorpions - Send Me an Angel

My song pick 8 years ago today: R.E.O. Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar

My song pick 10 years ago today: The O'Jays - Give the People What They Want

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rammstein - Alter Mann

My song pick 12 years ago today: Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rammstein - Der Meister

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Nothing to Say

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bad Company - Seagull

My song pick 16 years ago today: Diana Ross - Do You Know Where You're Going To? (The theme from 'Mahogany')
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In