6046. Jerry Goldsmith and Paul Williams - Flying Dreams

From The Secret of NIMH (Original Soundtrack Recording); Year: 1982; Genre: Contemporary Classical/Soundtrack
I find it just weird how many time as of late that Paul Williams' name has popped up whilst researching different music, film and other media, or so it would seem.
It just so happened that on this movie's soundtrack he teamed up with legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith and wrote the lyrics for this piece; I always knew and liked the song, but never took the time to look up the particulars of it. Don Bluth's The Secret of NIMH was an animated motion picture that I literally grew up watching and have always has a fondness for it. Although I kind of am taken aback at the amount of blood, violence and death depicted in a film that was targeted to family viewing; I find that a lot re-watching such films from the '70s and '80s. Back then I suppose it was believed that children were able to grasp such concepts of life; mayhap we as a society try to protect our families from things we ourselves grew up with? Maybe we, (myself included), need to go back and reexamine our own early lives when deeming something "harmful."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Aldo Nova - Under the Gun

My song pick 6 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Red Rain

My song pick 7 years ago today: Foreigner - Break it Up

My song pick 8 years ago today: Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Chakachas - Stories

My song pick 10 years ago today: Savatage - Scream Murder

My song pick 11 years ago today: Sweet - Fox on the Run

My song pick 12 years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Whatever Would Robert Have Said?

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steve Vai - Kill the Guy with the Ball/The God Eaters

My song pick 14 years ago today: Banchee - John Doe

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

My song pick 16 years ago today: Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In