6071. Rick Derringer - Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo

From: All American Boy; Year: 1973; Genre: Hard Rock
Had this one on my mind last night and this morning; it's one of those timeless hard rock songs that just seems to please the majority of those who hear it.
It is quite interesting when you see all whom Rick Derringer has worked and recorded with; that list is extensive and very broad. Everyone from the brothers Winter, Kiss, Alice Cooper, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Steely Dan just to name a handful; suffice it to say he is one of those artists you have heard at some point.
Anyway, this classic song was one he apparently wrote towards the end of his band the McCoys, who actually went on with him to record with Johnny Winter as the backing band; they were relegated to the "And" in the band's title due to the fact that they were considered bubblegum pop. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo was one from Derringer's pen that appeared on that record, and is a little slower with a very notable bluesy sound. Rick Derringer would re-record it a few years later and became a huge hit and hard rock mainstay.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Tom Rapp - Stardancer

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Police - Mother

My song pick 7 years ago today: Luther - Don't Wanna Be a Fool

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues

My song pick 9 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Doggerland

My song pick 10 years ago today: Carmen - Bulerias

My song pick 11 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled

My song pick 12 years ago today: Miles Davis - Pharaoh's Dance

My song pick 13 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Ten Years Gone

My song pick 14 years ago today: John Lennon - How Do You Sleep?

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Who - Getting in Tune

My song pick 16 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Beastie
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In