6055. Stanley Clarke - Rock 'n Roll Jelly

From: Modern Man; Year: 1979; Genre: Hard Rock
It is bewildering at how this record from legendary musician/composer extraordinaire Stanley Clark hardly gets any recognition for its greatness. In this one, which features the talents of Jeff Beck and Carmine Appice on guitar and drums respectively, he hits this one a bit different with it being based as a straight-up hard rocker. However, as always with these three virtuosos it ends up anything but with their specific artistic specialties; even when one solos it is in a very complimentary way that does not necessarily take attention away too much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Billy Joe Royal - Cherry Hill Park

My song pick 6 years ago today: Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

My song pick 7 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Black Cat Shuffle

My song pick 8 years ago today: David Bowie - Starman

My song pick 9 years ago today: King Crimson - Starless

My song pick 10 years ago today: Black 47 - Maria's Wedding

My song pick 11 years ago today: Van Halen - 1984

My song pick 12 years ago today: Savatage - Holocaust

My song pick 13 years ago today: The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights

My song pick 14 years ago today: Buddy Holley & the Crickets - Oh Boy!

My song pick 15 years ago today: Oasis - Champagne Supernova

My song pick 16 years ago today: John Denver - Paradise
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In