4571. Rush (Neil Peart) - Der Trommler (Drum Solo)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41wduoMb8NL.jpg
From: R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour; Year: 2005; Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock
Dang, still kind of in a state of shock over hearing about Neil Peart passing away; and at such a young age too. Apparently an almost 4 year long battle with brain cancer took him back on Tuesday. Not only was he an amazing and one of the greatest drummers of all time, but was an incredible lyricist for Rush, penning the majority of the band's lyrics. He most certainly will be missed; rest in peace.
After a lot of thought on the song I should pick or revisit today I just decided on choosing one of his epic drum solos; this one's from the 30th anniversary tour and translated from German to English Der Trommler means, (you probably guessed it),: The Drummer.

Hear Der Trommler on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Billy Joe Royal - Cherry Hill Park

My song pick 2 years ago today: Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

My song pick 3 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Black Cat Shuffle

My song pick 4 years ago today: David Bowie - Starman

My song pick 5 years ago today: King Crimson - Starless

My song pick 6 years ago today: Black 47 - Maria's Wedding

My song pick 7 years ago today: Van Halen - 1984

My song pick 8 years ago today: Savatage - Holocaust

My song pick 9 years ago today: The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights

My song pick 10 years ago today: Buddy Holley & the Crickets - Oh Boy!

My song pick 11 years ago today: Oasis - Champagne Supernova

My song pick 12 years ago today: John Denver - Paradise


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In