5700. The Ramblers - Just for Chicks

From: Dodge City/Just for Chicks (single); Year: 1963; Genre: Surf Rock/Blues Rock
Had a bit of fun trying to find out more about this band and song, and even at that there's not much out there apparently. Most of this is due to the fact that they seemingly only recorded this one single as a band/under the name The Ramblers, and how many other bands over the last century have gone by the same moniker. The only real reason I know about them is because legendary producer and sound smith extraordinaire Joe Meek was the one that did all of the studio work for the band in his very unique way that he is known for.
Anyway, as with anything Meek touched, this track has a lot of interesting modern sounds that were very much breakthrough at the time, which made this bluesy instrumental surf rock tune a joy to the ears.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Shadow Warrior

My song pick 5 years ago today: Hugh Masekela - Grazing in the Grass

My song pick 6 years ago today: Scorpions - Send Me an Angel

My song pick 7 years ago today: R.E.O. Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar

My song pick 9 years ago today: The O'Jays - Give the People What They Want

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rammstein - Alter Mann

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rammstein - Der Meister

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Nothing to Say

My song pick 14 years ago today: Bad Company - Seagull

My song pick 15 years ago today: Diana Ross - Do You Know Where You're Going To? (The theme from 'Mahogany')
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In