6223. The Trammps - Zing! Went the Strings of my Heart

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61RuTaoWguL.jpg
From: The Legendary ZING Album; Year: 1975 (1972); Genre: Soul
The first time I played this record it became a favourite for two reasons: 1. The music and vocals, and 2. Just how aspirational the album's title is. I mean, really, with that kind of a title it better be "legendary," which it is in my opinion.
Interestingly enough, they updated this song from decades past, (1935 to be exact), and made it sound like it was brand new. Far and gone my absolute favourite aspect of the track is Earl Young's magnificent bass lead vocals, which he shared for a great dynamic.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Asia - Midnight Sun

My song pick 6 years ago today: Murray Head - Say It Ain't So, Joe

My song pick 7 years ago today: Pallas - Winter is Coming

My song pick 8 years ago today: Watchtower - Tyrants in Distress

My song pick 9 years ago today: Exist†Trace - Vanguard

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Scorpions - Wind of Change

My song pick 11 years ago today: Megadeth - The Right to Go Insane

My song pick 12 years ago today: Earthless - Lost in the Cold Sun

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - Star Cannibal

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jigsaw - Sky High

My song pick 15 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Thomas The Rhymer

My song pick 16 years ago today: Donovan - Mellow Yellow
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship