6217. The (Young) Rascals - In the Midnight Hour

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71lkWR3Yf6L._SX522_.jpg
From: The Young Rascals; Year: 1966; Genre: Rock/Soul/R&B
Had the debut album from The Young Rascals on my mind yesterday and took it as a sign I should choose one from it. This is, as you probably guessed it, a cover of the hit song from the immortal Wilson Pickett, but they really extended it and slowed the overall tempo and groove down and added some to it, which gave it some distinctiveness. Although, they did keep Steve Cropper's iconic riff intact, which really is the signature of the song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Vixen - Tangerine

My song pick 6 years ago today: 3 Inches of Blood - 4000 Torches

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rover

My song pick 8 years ago today: UB40 - Impossible Love

My song pick 9 years ago today: Funkadelic - Funk Gets Stronger, Part 1

My song pick 10 years ago today: Lenny Kravitz - Fields of Joy

My song pick 11 years ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Here Comes My Girl

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Amerika

My song pick 13 years ago today: Waylander - Born to the Fight

My song pick 14 years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie - Night In Tunisia

My song pick 15 years ago today: Tommy James - Draggin' The Line

My song pick 16 years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - The Road To Nowhere
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations