5472. Megadeth - Mastermind

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41psRNXN3bL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Cryptic Writings; Year: 1997; Genre: Thrash Metal
For me, Cryptic Writings was kind of the end of a "golden age," if you will, of Megadeth. The lineup of Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman, and Menza, was something special and just pure epic in my opinion. I got into the band with the excellent album Countdown to Extinction and immediately fell in love with most of their material under this lineup. I like quite a bit of their other material from outside this "era," but I guess it was just the sound and feel from such a great time that I especially like.
Anyway, as with a great deal of Megadeth's songs, this one has almost a prophetic feel to it lyrically with the way we interact with technology and each other 25 years since.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn