6202. Vanilla Fudge - The Windmills Of Your Mind

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41HMEclfqxL._UX500_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Rock & Roll; Year: 1969; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
Man, it is amazing just how many incredible bands that I have either forgotten to pick a song from or thought I had already chosen one, but was in error; with Vanilla Fudge it would be the latter.
Anyway, this is a cover of the piece originally written by Michel Legrand with English lyrics by Alan & Marilyn Bergman for the film The Thomas Crown Affair in 1968. Two of the most noted covers were by Dusty Springfield and also José Feliciano. However, Vanilla Fudge did their own quite unique version that turns out kind of like heavy metal meets classical meets Broadway music.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Wallflowers - The Difference

My song pick 6 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Sedan Delivery

My song pick 7 years ago today: Genesis - Can-Utility and the Coastliners

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Cure - Friday I'm in Love

My song pick 9 years ago today: Carmen - Margarita

My song pick 10 years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.130 - String Quartet No.13 "Cavatina"

My song pick 11 years ago today: Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary

My song pick 12 years ago today: Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

My song pick 13 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - C'est si bon

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Journeyman

My song pick 15 years ago today: Kansas - The Pinnacle

My song pick 16 years ago today: Rammstein - Asche Zu Asche
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship