6132. Jethro Tull - Back to the Family

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91YHuhLiQZL._SX522_.jpg
From: Stand Up; Year 1969; Genre: Hard Rock/Blues Rock
Felt like hearing some of the earlier 'Tull material; their second and third albums have always been ones I especially love. You can really feel the raw, youthful energy and how the band was still finding their direction.
Anyway, this one comes from their second album, Stand Up, and is a rather raucous blues rock track that has very interesting individual sections that starts out at a low volume and goes back and forth into a much louder section, which it stays in throughout the flute and guitar solos.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
My song pick 6 years ago today: The Who - Athena

My song pick 7 years ago today: Waylon Jennings - Do It Again

My song pick 8 years ago today: Forest - The Midnight Hanging of a Runaway Serf

My song pick 9 years ago today: Ellis Paul - 3,000 Miles

My song pick 10 years ago today: Procol Harum - Homburg

My song pick 11 years ago today: Faces - Stay With Me

My song pick 12 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Oh Susannah

My song pick 13 years ago today: Miles Davis - Freedom Jazz Dance

My song pick 14 years ago today: Boston - More Than a Feeling

My song pick 15 years ago today: David Bowie - Suffragette City

My song pick 16 years ago today: Slade - Mama Weer All Crazee Now

My song pick 17 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Prologue/Twilight
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool