6133. Rezső Seress - Vége a világnak (The World is Ending)

Year: 1933; Genre: Popular Music
Here is a very interesting piece of music, which most would know by alternate lyrics and a different title: Gloomy Sunday (also known as "The Hungarian Suicide Song"), only sharing the music. However, the original version: The World is Ending, has an even sadder subject matter when you realize that the composer wrote the song seeing Europe sinking deeper and darker into what would climax as World War 2, especially in his native Hungary. Reading only the lyrics is enough to bring chills and scare you, especially knowing how prophetic and detailed it turned out to be. With all that is going on in the world today it is ironic how people will ignore history and just keep mindlessly repeating it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 6 years ago today: Hawkwind - Mutation Zone

My song pick 7 years ago today: Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

My song pick 8 years ago today: Alestorm - Walk the Plank

My song pick 9 years ago today: Sky - Sahara

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Trouble No More

My song pick 11 years ago today: Simon & Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rare Earth - Get Ready

My song pick 13 years ago today: Trio of Doom - Continuum

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Aqualung

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys - Wayfaring Stranger

My song pick 16 years ago today: Billy Squier - In The Dark

My song pick 17 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Steel Monkey
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool