6221. Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge - Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71SgpvHuU0L._SX522_.jpg
From: Natural Act; Year: 1978; Genre: Outlaw Country
The other day Kris Kristofferson passed away at the age of 88. What I remember most of him was that he was one of the most outspoken country artists that opposed the intelligentsia of the Nashville recording scene in the late 60s and on. Probably in popular culture, other than his many acting roles over the years, is that he was the writer of the song that Janis Joplin covered and made a piece of musical history: Me and Bobby McGee.
Being part of the Outlaw movement kind of endeared him to me personally because of the great company he kept and the uncensored truth and honesty behind his art which makes the subgenre one of my favourites of country & western. I tell you what, he certainly did ruffle some feathers with his outspoken and free pen and tongue for sure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 6 years ago today: Rainbow - Man on the Silver Mountain

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ozric Tentacles - Far Memory

My song pick 8 years ago today: Dream Theater - Descent of the NOMACs/Dystopian Overture

My song pick 9 years ago today: Vince Guaraldi Trio - Cast Your Fate to the Wind

My song pick 10 years ago today: Judas Priest - Living After Midnight

My song pick 11 years ago today: Heart - Barracuda

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Alan Parson's Project - Breakdown

My song pick 13 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive

My song pick 14 years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Lets Groove

My song pick 15 years ago today: Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd - Samba Triste

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

My song pick 17 years ago today - April Wine - Roller
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool