1893 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Oh Susannah

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nM446mULL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Americana; Year: 2012; Genre: Hard Rock
Recently I was introduced to this new song and album from Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Essentially Americana is a collection of old traditional American tunes redone in a dark and interesting hard rock style. From what I read about it, Neil Young wanted to return some of the original darker aspects to these that have, for the most part, been relegated to being thought of as children's songs.
In this classic Stephen Foster composition he really turns it into a "dirty" blues in you will. When I first heard it, it reminded me a lot of The Shocking Blue's hit song Venus, especially in the rhythm and chord progression, only this song is a bit heavier. It's definitely a neat take on a traditional classic.

Here is a video with Neil Young's version of Oh Susannah on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Miles Davis - Freedom Jazz Dance

My song pick two years ago today: Boston - More Than a Feeling

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - Suffragette City

My song pick four years ago today: Slade - Mama Weer All Crazee Now

My song pick five years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Prologue/Twilight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade