6137. The Kinks - Do You Remember Walter?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/914L73-mOUL._SX522_.jpg
From: The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society; Year: 1968; Genre: Rock/Pop
Still in the mood for The Kinks on this Thursday.
This is a very upbeat and happy tune with lyrics that are anything but in, of course, a way only Ray Davies would write. Musically it reminds me a lot of Electric Light Orchestra's music that you'd hear about a decade later; their monster hit Mr. Blue Sky in particular. However, as stated prior, the lyrics are kind of both introspective and judgemental concerning meeting up with an old best friend, (Walter), only to find that the best friend kind of withered and gave up on his dreams they once shared and now it is as if they are merely strangers with Walter not caring about the stories his old friend tried to tell. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 6 years ago today: The Grass Roots - Where Were You When I Needed You

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Are You Sitting Comfortably?

My song pick 8 years ago today: A-ha - Train of Thought

My song pick 9 years ago today: Motörhead - Motorhead

My song pick 10 years ago today: Leon Mitchison and the Eastex Freeway Band - Street Scene

My song pick 11 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - Leave That Thing Alone

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jim Croce - Photographs and Memories

My song pick 15 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Turn To Stone

My song pick 16 years ago today: Sniff'n the Tears - Driver's Seat

My song pick 17 years ago today: Styx - Lady
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool