3005. Motörhead - Motorhead

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51peSfLkzbL._SX425_.jpg
From: Motörhead; Year: 1977; Genre: Metal
This morning I had some Motörhead on my mind so I'm choosing one of their songs for my pick today. Of course this is the eponymous single from the album of the band's namesake and debut. Originally Motorhead was recorded with Hawkwind whilst Lemmy was in the band and was also the song's author. While still very similar to the Hawkwind version this one's a bit edgier and in my opinion the sound mix was a wee bit too dirty, but still a good version. It's very much fun to hear the early material from bands that would go on to become legends like this one.

Hear Motorhead on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Leon Mitchison and the Eastex Freeway Band - Street Scene

My song pick two years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)

My song pick three years ago today: Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Leave That Thing Alone

My song pick five years ago today: Jim Croce - Photographs and Memories

My song pick six years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Turn To Stone

My song pick seven years ago today: Sniff'n the Tears - Driver's Seat

My song pick eight years ago today: Styx - Lady


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade