Song 384 ( Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/MLoRLP01.jpg

Yesterday, I found out that Pink Floyd's keyboardist Richard Wright succumbed to the cancer that he was fighting. I have noted that band members, like Richard Wright, that reside in the background are very integral to the band's sound.
I had about five Pink Floyd songs in mind to pick today, but when I realized that I had not chosen this song yet it helped me make my decision. This is one of my absolute favourite songs by Pink Floyd; that is saying quite a lot because they are of my favorite bands and I like a lot of their material. The dynamics, especially with the vocals, are incredible in this song; I love how this song takes you all over the place. Every aspect of this track is excellent in my opinion, the lyrics/vocals are just amazing along with the musicianship. It is one of those odd songs that can fit almost any of my moods.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade