784 ( Louis Armstrong - Red Sails In The Sunset )

784 ( Louis Armstrong - Red Sails In The Sunset )











Yesterday I was getting a very old music box working that has been idle, sitting on the shelf for a while; the tune that it plays is, of course, Red Sails In The Sunset. Ever since I first heard the music box I have been wondering the facts about that song. So after I got it in working condition again I got a wild hare and decided to do some research.
The music to the song was written by Wilhelm Grosz under the pseudonym of Hugh Williams, and the lyrics were written by Jimmy Kennedy. It was published in 1935; it has been recorded countless times by a myriad of artists ever since. When I found that "Pops" did a version, the song was an instant pick for me; just beautiful!
Many different recordings of this song from a lot of other artists can be found on YouTube.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #412 Jim Croce - Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy)
My song pick two years ago today: #44 Savatage - The Wake of Magellan

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)