1129 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone

1129 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Lynyrdskynyrd.jpg

I found out yesterday that the "namesake" of the band, gym teacher Leonard Skinner died at the age of '77, a write-up can be found here. He is one of the few individuals immortalized in music that didn't even have to play a note; as long as Lynyrd Skynyrd's music is around he will be remembered. I figured that this would be an excellent track for the occasion, plus it is one of my favourites from the band that I hadn't chosen yet.

Hear a low-fi vinyl recording of Tuesday's Gone on YouTube.
Watch a live performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Beatles - Help!
+
My song pick two years ago today: Santana - Black Magic Woman
+
My song pick three years ago today: Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn