1346 Rush - By-Tor & the Snow Dog

1346 Rush - By-Tor & the Snow Dog
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61xDj4EVGTL._SS500_.jpg
From: Fly By Night, Year: 1975

I've had this song running through my mind most of the morning, so I took it as a sign that it should be my pick today. This is one of my favourite tracks off of their Fly By Night album, however this is also an album that I usually play from front to back without skipping a song.
This is the longest and most "epic" track on the album which chronicles a legendary good vs. evil battle between an evil prince named By-Tor and the hero named Snow Dog. For the most part the song is an instrumental; they depict the battle with music. From what I've read about the song Geddy Lee's bass represents By-Tor and his attacks and Alex Lifeson's guitar represents the Snow Dog and his attacks.

Hear By-Tor and the Snow Dog on YouTube.
Here is the medley from the Exit... Stage Left live featuring parts of: "By-Tor & the Snow Dog," "In the End," "In the Mood," and "2112" on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Uriah Heep - Stealin'

My song pick two years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

My song pick three years ago today: Ludwig van Beethoven - Fur Elise-WoO59

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade