1327 Def Leppard - Waterloo Sunset

1327 Def Leppard - Waterloo Sunset
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61G3RGVRG8L._SS500_.jpg
From: Yeah!, Year: 2006

Day number four of my cover song theme week. As fate would have it again last night I heard this cover of my favourite Kinks song and I immediately knew I had my next pick.
A few years ago, or so it seemed, many established bands started recording obligatory cover albums featuring songs from the bands that influenced them most; Yeah! was Def Leppard's. It was really the first album they've released since Hysteria that I was willing to part with my money for. Don't get me wrong, they've released some good songs since then, but not enough to make me want an entire album.
Anyway, I have to say that they did the song justice, it's nowhere near as good as the original Kinks' version in my opinion, but it is an excellent cover all the same.

Hear Def Leppard's cover of Waterloo Sunset on YouTube.
Hear The Kinks' original version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: John Denver - Spirit

My song pick two years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday People

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade