1322 Jethro Tull - With You There To Help Me

1322 Jethro Tull - With You There To Help Me
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/6d/da/d82c828fd7a035114e281110.L.jpg
From: Benefit, Year: 1970

I've had this song running through my mind off and on over the last week or so and it feels like a good time to pick it, so I am. Most view Benefit as one of their darkest albums and is also one of their less popular, but for me personally it is one of my top 5 albums from the band. From what I understand, the songs from Benefit were conceived and written on the road when the band was getting its first taste of international success and feeling the pressures therefrom, which influenced much of the album's subject matter.
This is the opening track off the album and is quite bluesy and raucous. It features some strange recording techniques such as what they did with Ian's flute; the flute was recorded then played backwards with the song to give it really odd quality to his sound.

Hear With You There To Help Me on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song.



My song pick a year ago today: Dizzy Gillespie and His Orchestra - Things to Come

My song pick two years ago today: Simon & Garfunkel - Hazy Shade of Winter

My song pick three years ago today: Lita Ford feat. Ozzy Osbourne - Close My Eyes Forever

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade