1337 Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra - Alexander's Ragtime Band

1337 Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra - Alexander's Ragtime Band
From: Heart Full Of Rhythm / Volume 2 (1936-38), Year: 1993 (1937)

I've been having this song running through my mind off and on over the last couple of weeks. This song was written a hundred years ago in 1911 by Irving Berlin and, as with most of the music of that time, was covered many times by many artists. Though there are many excellent versions of this song, I'm very partial to Louis Armstrong's version from the mid-1930s.

Hear a 78 rpm vinyl recording of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tears For Fears - Break It Down Again

My song pick two years ago today: Dream Theater - 6:00
 
My song pick three years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade