1421 Rush - Countdown

1421 Rush - Countdown
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51q0uaguBaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Signals, Year: 1982
Genre: Progressive Rock

I watched the final space shuttle launch this morning. It was such a historic and yet depressing moment at the same time knowing that the U.S. has essentially all but given up on manned space flight, but oh well, what do I know. At least manned exploration of space will continue through the private sector, European Space Agency, Russian Space Agency, and probably China.
Anyway, I had quite a few songs in mind for my pick on this occasion, but unsurprisingly I ended up with this apropos track from one of my favourite bands. This one was written about a launch of the space shuttle Colombia that the members of the band witness first hand. This is a synth-heavy track that features samples from actual communication between the shuttle and command.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.
Watch a music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime

My song pick two years ago today: The Kinks - A Well Respected Man

My song pick three years ago today: Eric Clapton - Bad Love

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)