1571 Billy Idol - Flesh for Fantasy

1571 Billy Idol - Flesh for Fantasy
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ESA0GlySL._AA300_.jpg
From: Rebel Yell, Year: 1983
Genre: Hard Rock/New Wave

A little bit ago I picked a song because the pick number happened to be the same as model number of my old Commodore 64 computer's 1541 disk drive. Anyway, since this pick number happens to be that of the model number of the drive that I later replaced it with, which was much better, I figured I would pick a song that was somewhat relevant, to me at least.
I remember back when I bought my Commodore 128 that had the 1571 disk drive with it there were a bunch of disks that came with it as well. On one disk in particular there were three 15 second clips of digitized songs on it; this was one of those songs. After what seem like a couple of minutes of load time it would play the clip in a continuous loop; it was just part of the drum/guitar intro which played.
While the music was only just a small snippet of garbled music, it was unique to hear actual music coming out of a computer that was built back in the mid '80s. Today when you can just boot up iTunes or whatever programme you use and instantly have thousands of tracks ready to play it kind of sounds archaic, but that was cutting edge back then. When I think about those three clips on that 5 1/4 floppy disk I can't help but think that I must've happened upon someone's 'proof of concept' that was possibly just made for bragging rights. I mean, really, there was no other reason for something like that, however it sure was amazing the first time I heard it after booting it up.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Coasters - Along Came Jones

My song pick two years ago today: Grand Funk Railroad - Footstompin' Music

My song pick three years ago today: Petula Clark - Don't Sleep in the Subway

My song pick four years ago today: Band of Horses - Wicked Gil

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn