1591 John Denver - Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)

1591 John Denver - Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/98/c8/ffd8810ae7a032c8052da110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Farewell Andromeda, Year: 1973
Genre: Folk/Country

I thought that I might've picked this song already during one of the Christmas seasons since I've been doing this Song a Day blog, but apparently not.
I've never been a huge fan of this song about a father's drunken antics ruining Christmas for his family; I normally just skip over it when listening to Farewell Andromeda. That being said, however, it's an excellent song to listen to this time of year, especially if you've got a case of the "Christmas blues."

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Mykola Leontovych - Shchedryk (The Carol of the Bells)

My song pick two years ago today: Steeleye Span - Edwin

My song pick three years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Savatage - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Ring Out Solstice Bells

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn