1602 Jethro Tull - Last Man at the Party

1602 Jethro Tull - Last Man at the Party
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71DFKp6WKyL._AA300_.jpg
From: The Jethro Tull Christmas Album, Year: 2003
Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock

Happy New Year!
I thought I would start this year of picks off with this rather fitting tune from Jethro Tull's Christmas Album. I've heard this song a few times over the last month while I played the album. It's about the only time of year I get to listen to it being that the majority of the songs are themed for Christmas and the other Holidays that take place around this time of year.
Anyway, this one has a very similar sound and feel to their Progressive Folk Rock style from the late '70s, which is one of the reasons I like this song in particular. On this track Ian Anderson describes a Holiday party and the drunken states of its attendees in a comedic way. However, the chorus is what made this song fitting for my pick on this first day of the New Year:

"So make yourselves jolly under mistletoe, holly and ivy.
Get to it – and be in good cheer.
And when it’s all over: pigs gone to clover –
Will the last man at the party wish me a happy New Year."

Hear Last Man at the Party on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne

My song pick two years ago today: ABBA - Happy New Year

My song pick three years ago today: U2 - New Year's Day

My song pick four years ago today: Kiss - Shout It Out Loud

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade